Milan, 5th August 2019 – The IFCC (International Federation of Clinical Chemistry and Laboratory Medicine) confers several Distinguished Awards to scientists and clinicians who work in clinical chemistry and laboratory medicine or related disciplines. These triennial awards are the highest honours that our Federation can bestow to colleagues worldwide in recognition of their outstanding achievements, to publicize their exceptional research and other contributions that have improved medical and healthcare, and to stimulate and encourage other scientists to accelerate their efforts in advancing clinical chemistry and laboratory medicine.
Currently, calls for nominations are open for the following ten (10) IFCC Distinguished Awards for presentation at the IFCC Congress in May 2020, Seoul, Korea. These awards for 2020 are listed below and a more detailed description of them, including the former honourees, can be found clicking on this link.
- IFCC Distinguished Clinical Chemist Award – sponsored by Yashraj Biotechnology Ltd.
- IFCC-Henry Wishinsky Award for Distinguished International Service since 1990 (IFCC Distinguished International Services Award 1981-1987) – sponsored by Siemens Healthineers.
- IFCC Award for Distinguished Contributions in Education – sponsored by Abbott Laboratories.
- IFCC Award for Significant Contributions in Molecular Diagnostics – sponsored by Abbott Laboratories.
- IFCC Distinguished Award for Laboratory Medicine and Patient Care – sponsored by Sekisui Diagnostics.
- IFCC-Robert Shaffer Award for Outstanding Achievements in the Development of Standards for Use in Laboratory Medicine – sponsored by NIST CLSI.
- IFCC Distinguished Award for Contributions to the Cardiovascular Diagnostics – sponsored by HyTest.
- IFCC-Gérard Siest Award Young Scientist Award for Distinguished Contributions in Pharmacogenetics – sponsored by Biologie Prospective.
- IFCC Distinguished Women Scientist Award for Contribution to In Vitro Diagnostics – sponsored by Yashraj Biotechnology Ltd.
- IFCC Young Investigator Award – sponsored by IFCC.
Nominations are welcome from the President or National Representative of the nominees’ national society, which should be a member of the IFCC. Each nomination should contain (1) a statement as to the reasons for nomination, (2) a full CV of the nominees including a bibliography, and (3) other letters of support (optional). They should be sent to Silvia Colli-Lanzi of the IFCC Office (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The closing date for receipt of nominations is 30 November 2019
Please do not hesitate to write to Silvia Colli Lanzi if you have any queries.
IFCC advances excellence in laboratory medicine for better healthcare worldwide.
The IFCC is the leading organization in the field of Clinical Chemistry and Laboratory Medicine worldwide. Through leadership and innovation in science and education, IFCC strives to enhance the scientific level and the quality of diagnosis and therapy for patients throughout the world. IFCC builds on the professionalism of its members to provide quality services to patients. IFCC is a Federation of 91 Full Member and 16 Affiliate member Societies of Clinical Chemistry and Laboratory Medicine representing more than 45.000 individual clinical chemists, laboratory scientists, and laboratory physicians and 46 Corporate Members covering the major areas of clinical laboratory developments.