The first plenary session, “Healthcare System Resilience and Sustainability—Lessons Learned for HEOR in Times of Crisis,” is scheduled for Monday, May 17. This plenary session will consider “lessons learned” from the SARS-CoV-2 pandemic and how the HEOR community can help healthcare systems build resilience and sustainability. Panelists include:
- Moderator: Petra Wilson, PhD; Health Connect Partners, FTI Consulting; Brussels, Belgium
- Vivian Lee, MD, PhD, MBA; Verily Life Sciences; San Francisco, CA, USA
- Susann Roth, MD, MPH, PhD; Asian Development Bank; Manila, Philippines
The second plenary session, “Public Health…Economics?,” is scheduled for Tuesday, May 18. This session will explore an expanded perspective on the scope and application of HEOR and examine possible learnings related to value and its assessment. Panelists include:
- Moderator: J. Jaime Caro, PhD; Evidera, Boston, MA, USA and McGill University; Montreal, QC, Canada
- Mairin Ryan, PhD; Health Information and Quality Authority; Dublin, Ireland, UK
- Anders Tegnell, MD, PhD, MSc; Public Health Agency of Sweden; Solna, Sweden
The third plenary session, “Stepping Up to the Challenge—How Novel Collaborations and New Players are Reshaping the HEOR Landscape,” is scheduled for Wednesday, May 19. This final plenary session will bring together thought leaders from government, payers, technology, and academia who are doing things differently in healthcare. Panelists will share case examples and their thoughts on how this may reshape the world of HEOR. Panelists include:
- Moderator: Robert Califf, MD; Verily, Google Health; San Francisco, CA, USA
- Amy Abernethy, MD, PhD; US Food and Drug Administration; Silver Spring, MD, USA
- Carolyn Bradner Jasik, MD; Omada Health; San Francisco, CA, USA
- Dipak Kalra, PhD; The European Institute for Innovation Through Health Data, Ghent University Hospital; Ghent, Belgium
- Harlan Krumholz, MD; Yale University; New Haven, CT, USA
In addition to the plenary sessions, Virtual ISPOR 2021 will feature live sessions covering a wide variety of HEOR topics. A series of prereleased sessions will be available for registrants beginning April 21, all conference content will be available through June 30. The ISPOR Short Course Program is now available virtually throughout the year and in a variety of time zones.
ISPOR is recognized globally as the leading professional society for health economics and outcomes research and for its role in improving healthcare decisions. Virtual ISPOR 2021 will draw healthcare stakeholders with an interest in HEOR, including researchers and academicians, assessors and regulators, payers and policymakers, the life sciences industry, healthcare providers, and patient engagement organizations.
ISPOR, the professional society for health economics and outcomes research (HEOR), is an international, multistakeholder, nonprofit dedicated to advancing HEOR excellence to improve decision making for health globally. The Society is the leading source for scientific conferences, peer-reviewed and MEDLINE®-indexed publications, good practices guidance, education, collaboration, and tools/resources in the field.
Website | LinkedIn | Twitter (@ispororg) | YouTube | Facebook | Instagram