- There is safety in numbers. Travel in pairs or groups.
- Use crosswalks and be predictable. Walk on the left side (against traffic) and bike on the right side of the road (with traffic).
- Avoid costumes with dragging or dangling materials and vision restricting masks.
- Wear comfortable shoes, layer clothing as needed, and carry water to stay hydrated.
- Wear blinking lights, glowsticks and bright or reflective clothing.
- Carry flashlights or headlamps.
- Invite friends and family to trick or treat in more walkable communities with sidewalks and streetlights (those with higher Walk Scores).
- Participate in neighborhood activities to build social capital, which contributes to a safer community.
See more safety tips and download the corresponding infographic to share with family, friends and colleagues.
Original post https://alertarticles.info