Journalists are invited to attend the meeting for free. Press registration may be obtained by emailing the firstname.lastname@example.org. Live press webcasts, featuring a selection of newsworthy research, will take place during the meeting. Times and topics to be announced soon.
Fluid dynamics is an interdisciplinary field that investigates visible and invisible phenomena from a wide range of disciplines including engineering, physics, biology, oceanography, atmospheric science and geology.
The conference will include invited talks by experts on subjects including:
- Advancing Understanding of Turbulence Through Extreme-Scale Computation (Session E01.00001)
- Living Flow Networks (Session E02.00001)
- Lagrangian Turbulent Thermal Convection (Session E03.00001)
- Dissecting Shock-Boundary Layer Interaction in Hypervelocity Flow (Session F01.00001)
- Reduced Order Modeling of Blood Flow (Session F02.00001)
- Open questions in Turbulent Stratified Mixing: Do We Even Know What We Do Not Know? (Session F03.00001)
- Impact of Wettability on Multiphase Flow and Granular Mechanics: Experiments, Modeling and Theory (Session J01.00001)
- Unsteady Aerodynamic Response Of Rigid Wings In Gust Encounters (Session J02.00001)
- Meteorological Fluid Dynamics and Climate Change (Session J03.00001)
- Multiphase Flows: Rich Physics, Challenging Theory, and Big Simulations (Session K01.00001)
- Journey to the Center of the Stars: the Realm of Low Prandtl Number Fluid Dynamics (Session K02.00001)
- Adopting a Communication Lifestyle (Session K03.00001)
The complete list of invited talks can be accessed at https://www.apsdfd2019.org/invited-speakers.
———————– MORE MEETING INFORMATION ———————–
Main meeting website: https://www.apsdfd2019.org
Meeting technical program: http://meetings.aps.org/Meeting/DFD19/Content/3770
Invited talks: http://meetings.aps.org/Meeting/DFD19/APS_Invited
Hotel information: https://www.apsdfd2019.org/hotels
GALLERY OF FLUID DYNAMICS
At the Annual Meeting, The Gallery of Fluid Motion will consist of posters and videos submitted by attendees illustrating the science and beauty of fluid motion. More information can be found here: https://www.apsdfd2019.org/gallery-of-fluid-motion
We will grant free registration to credentialed journalists and professional freelance journalists. If you are a reporter and would like to attend, contact email@example.com. We can also help with setting up interviews and obtaining images, sound clips or background information.
LIVE MEDIA WEBCAST
A press briefing featuring a selection of newsworthy research will be webcast live from the conference on Monday, Nov. 25. Times and topics to be announced. Members of the media should register in advance at https://webcast.apswebcasting.com/go/aps-nov25-19.
The Division of Fluid Dynamics of the American Physical Society, established in 1947, exists for the advancement and diffusion of knowledge of the physics of fluids with special emphasis on the dynamical theories of the liquid, plastic and gaseous states of matter under all conditions of temperature and pressure. For more information about DFD, visit https://www.aps.org/units/dfd/.
The American Physical Society (APS) is a nonprofit membership organization working to advance and diffuse the knowledge of physics through its outstanding research journals, scientific meetings, and education, outreach, advocacy, and international activities. APS represents over 55,000 members, including physicists in academia, national laboratories, and industry in the United States and throughout the world. For more information about APS, visit https://www.aps.org/.
Original post https://alertarticles.info