WHAT: Atlantic Health System’s Morristown Medical Center, one of the nation’s leading heart hospitals, will host a virtual conference featuring some of the world’s most distinguished cardiovascular faculty, who will discuss the latest developments in heart disease. This program is cosponsored by the NJ Chapter of the American College of Cardiology.
WHEN: Saturday, September 18, 2021, 7:30 am. – 3:00 p.m. ET
- “Why Don’t We Prevent Atrial Fibrillation and Non-Stroke Complications?”
- “2020 Valve Guidelines: New Insights, New Options, New Challenges”
- “Controversies in Patient Selection for ICD Implantation”
- “PCI:State of the Art in 2021”
- “Impact of Pregnancy on Cardiovascular Health”
- “Defining the Heart Team in 2021: New Roles for the Interventional Imager”
- “State of the Art Mechanical Circulatory Support”
- Linda D. Gillam, MD, MPH, MACC, FAHA, FASE, FESC
The Dorothy and Lloyd Huck Chair of Cardiovascular Medicine Morristown Medical Center / Atlantic Health System
- Jordan Safirstein, MD, FACC, FSCAI, Program Vice Chair
Assistant Director, Cardiac Catheterization Laboratories
Director, Transradial InterventionMorristown Medical Center / Atlantic Health SystemFounder and Co-Director, Garden State Angio Club & Cors at the Shore
- Emelia J. Benjamin, MD, ScM, FACC, FAHA
Assoc. Provost for Faculty Development, Boston University Medical Campus
Vice Chair, Faculty Development & Diversity, Dept. of Medicine
Professor of Medicine & Epidemiology
Boston University Schools of Medicine & Public Health
- Robert O. Bonow, MD, MS, MACC, MASNC, FAHA, FESC
Goldberg Distinguished Professor of Cardiology
Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine
Editor in Chief, JAMA Cardiology
- Andrew E. Epstein, MD, FACC, FAHA, FHRS
Professor of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania Perelman School of Medicine
Chief, Cardiology Section, Michael J. Crescenz VA Medical Center, Philadelphia, PA
- Martha Gulati, MD, MS, FACC, FAHA, FASPC, FESC
President-Elect, American Society for Preventive Cardiology
- Rebecca T. Hahn, MD, FACC, FESC, FASE
Director, Interventional Echocardiography at the Structural and Valve Center
Professor of Medicine, Columbia University Medical Center
- Dimitrios Karmpaliotis, MD, PhD, FACC, FSCAI
Medical Director, Cardiovascular Rescue and Recovery Program
Medical Director, Advance Coronary Therapeutics Program
Medical Director, CTO and Advanced Coronary Therapeutics
Morristown Medical Center
- Nader Moazami, MD
Professor of Cardiothoracic Surgery
Chief, Div. of Heart and Lung Transplantation and Mechanical Circulatory Support
Dept. Of Cardiothoracic Surgery, NYU Langone Health
REGISTRATION INFORMATION: https://mmcfrontiers.org
Journalists interested in registering, please email [email protected].
Atlantic Health System is accredited by the Medical Society of New Jersey to provide 6.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Atlantic Health System is accredited by the Medical Society of New Jersey to provide continuing medical education credits for physicians.
The American Society of Echocardiography has approved this program for 4.5 continuing medical education credits.
Please click here if you are a physician assistant (PA) seeking information on converting AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ to support your certifications/licensing.
Other allied health professionals seeking advice about converting AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ should contact their accreditation agencies for information about CME conversions for certification/licensing.