The Meatless Monday Culinary Ambassadors can shed light on ways home cooks can elevate their plant-based meals; plan veggie-centric holiday meals that will delight meat-loving guests; get inspired by plants used in global cuisines and provide tips on how to get started with plant-based cooking.
“We are excited to work with this diverse group of professionals who can provide insight into preparing delicious plant-based foods. These culinary experts include a chef who is also a medical doctor, restaurant chefs, TV celebrity chefs, and cookbook authors who are all volunteering their time and sharing their knowledge to inspire people to creatively cook plant-based meals,” said Dana Smith, Meatless Monday campaign director.
The ambassadors include:
- Ivan Castro, plant-based Chef and owner of La Bartola in Toronto
- Dan Churchill, Executive Chef at Charley St. in New York, author and fitness expert
- Kevin Curry, cookbook author and founder of FitMenCook, an online community that inspires men and women to eat healthy and stay fit with healthy recipes
- Eddie Garza, plant-based Chef, cookbook author, and host of “Global Bites with Eddie Garza” on OzTube
- Robert Graham, MD, Chef and founder of FRESH Med in New York
- Ayindé Howell, lifelong vegan, Chef, food activist, and owner of iEatGrass, LLC, a chef-run, taste focused, certified minority-owned, plant-based food manufacturing company
- Susanne Kirlew aka “Kirly-Sue,” award winning published author, TV presenter, and recipe developer
- Priyanka Naik, self-taught Indian vegan Chef, Food Network champion, Quibi Dishmantled Winner, TV host, and author
- Peter Sokolski, Catering Executive Sous Chef at Muhlenberg College
- Sara Tercero, Chef and author featured on the Food Network
More information on the Culinary Ambassadors is available here.
The views, information, or opinions expressed by Meatless Monday Culinary Ambassadors are solely those of the individuals and do not necessarily represent those of Meatless Monday, The Monday Campaigns, Grace Communications Foundation or its employees.
About Meatless Monday:
Meatless Monday is a global movement, followed by millions, with a simple message: one day a week, cut out meat for personal health and the health of the planet.
Launched in 2003, Meatless Monday is a non-profit initiative of The Monday Campaigns, working in collaboration with the Center for a Livable Future (CLF) at the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health. Our goal is to reduce meat consumption by 15% for our personal health and the health of the planet. For more information, visit meatlessmonday.com.