LIVONIA, MI — August 17 — The American Autoimmune Related Diseases Association (AARDA) will present its signature national program, “What Every American Needs to Know about Autoimmune Disease,” on Saturday, August 24, 2019, in the Kehrl Auditorium of the VisTaTech Center on the campus of Schoolcraft College, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
This free forum is open to the public, particularly autoimmune patients and families, healthcare professionals, and students. Attendees will be able to ask questions, gather information and resources, and sample services. Lunch also will be provided to those who pre-register at https://autoimmunepublicforum.eventbrite.com.
Sponsored in part by Genentech and Horizon, the forum will feature experts on five autoimmune topics, including:
- Rita Baron-Faust, author of “The Autoimmune Connection” on “Women and Autoimmunity”
- David Fox, University of Michigan Medical Group, on “The Importance of Early Diagnosis”
- AARDA Executive Director Virginia T. Ladd on “Coping with Autoimmune Disease”
- Thomas V. Claringbold II, DO, Chief Ophthalmologist, MIdMichigan Physicians Group on “Autoimmune Disease of the Eye”
- Robert A. Levine, Ph.D., C.Ht., vice president, Wellness and High-Performance Strategies on “Relieving Pain and Stress in Autoimmune Conditions Naturally without Drugs”
Steps from the public forum will be the Walkabout, where a number of health and wellness exhibitors will provide information and giveaways from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. in the DiPonio Room. Blood pressure screenings and chair massages will be available, as well as a meditation class. Exhibitors include: Ascension; American Diabetes Association; Caring Hands Sarcoidosis Foundation; Henry Ford Health System, Center for Integrative Medicine; and JNS Health Solutions, among others. For a complete list or more information, visit www.AutoimmuneWalk.org or call (586) 776-3900.
Based in Eastpointe, Michigan, AARDA is a national nonprofit organization dedicated to the eradication of autoimmune disease and the alleviation of suffering and the socioeconomic impact of autoimmunity through fostering and facilitating collaboration in the areas of education, public awareness, research, and patient services in an effective, ethical and efficient manner. AARDA brings a national focus to autoimmunity as a category of disease and a major women’s health issue. To learn more, visit www.aarda.org.
scraped from https://www.newswise.com/articles/free-autoimmune-forum-walkabout-in-livonia