The 106,000-square-foot, four-story Baylor Scott & White Sports and Orthopedic Center is supported by philanthropists Ted and Sue Getterman and brings together a full spectrum of sports medicine, orthopedic and sports performance services under one roof.
“This premier destination for sports medicine and orthopedic care is part of our commitment to enhancing the well-being of our community,” said Glenn Robinson, president, Baylor Scott & White Health – Waco Region.
Equipment and services used by elite athletes – now available for the whole community
The innovative center boasts industry-leading technology and equipment, elevating the standard of diagnosis, treatment, surgical excellence and rehabilitation with an acute focus on injury prevention:
- Primary care and preventive medicine
- 48 exam rooms
- Advanced diagnostic imaging
- An orthopedic surgery center
- An expansive sports therapy center with indoor and outdoor sports performance areas
The sports therapy center includes technology that sports performance team members can use to analyze the movement of athletes of all ages to safely improve strength, conditioning and performance:
- A resistance-training system that simulates aquatic therapy on land, providing strength development with less wear and tear on the athlete’s body and better analytical data
- An anti-gravity treadmill, using air pressure technology to allow training and rehabilitation with less pain
- The Fusionetics Performance Health System, a sports science clinical program that provides effective solutions focused on decreasing injury, optimizing performance and enhancing recovery
Anchoring the new complex is Baylor Scott & White Southwest Sports Medicine & Orthopaedics, a sports medicine practice dedicated to meeting the medical needs of Central Texas athletes and active adults.
“We are dedicated to providing quality sports medicine as well as orthopedic care throughout this area,” said Jon Ellis, MD, founder, Baylor Scott & White Southwest Sports Medicine & Orthopaedics. “With the expansion of our practice in this new facility, we are excited to be able to serve even more of our community more efficiently and to keep Central Texas moving.” In addition to serving as team physicians for Baylor athletics, Baylor Scott & White Southwest Sports Medicine offers comprehensive sports medicine for Central Texas junior colleges and high schools.
Baylor Scott & White Sports and Orthopedic Center also will cater to the non-athlete with comprehensive orthopedic surgical services and treatments conveniently located in the same complex as rehabilitation services. Specialists can offer surgical and nonsurgical solutions to pain in hand/wrist, elbow, foot/ankle, spine and total joint.
“Our commitment to treating injuries and persistent ailments remains strong,” said Matthew Rohrer, director of clinic operations, Baylor Scott & White – Waco Region. “Now, with the addition of innovative injury prevention technology, we’re increasingly able to foresee and avoid injuries before they occur not only for local elite athletes but for active adults throughout the entire community.”
For more information about this new sports center, visit BSWHealth.com/WacoSportsOrthoCenter
Original post https://alertarticles.info