ACADEMY OF NUTRITION AND DIETETICS TO PRESENT 2019 MEDALLION AWARDS TO EIGHT MEMBERS FOR SERVICE TO ACADEMY, PROFESSION
Medallion Awards have honored Academy members each year since 1976. The winners will receive their awards on Sunday, October 27, during the Academy’s Food & Nutrition Conference & Expo™ at the Pennsylvania Convention Center in Philadelphia, Pa.
The 2019 Medallion Award recipients are:
- Karen M. Chapman-Novakofski, PhD, RD, LDN, Champaign, Ill.
Chapman-Novakofski is a professor of nutrition at the University of Illinois at Champaign-Urbana.
- Carol H. Elliott, RDN, LDN, FAND, Ormond Beach, Fla.
Elliott is the president of a nutrition consulting firm providing services to individual clients, physicians and health care organizations.
- Gail Carter Frank, DRPH, RD, CHES, Los Alamitos, Calif.
Frank is a professor of nutrition at California State University – Long Beach.
- Sharon L. Groh-Wargo, PhD, RD, LD, Berea, Ohio
Groh-Wargo is a professor of nutrition and a professor of pediatrics at Case Western Reserve University.
- Nahla Hwalla, PhD, RD, FADA, Beirut, Lebanon
Hwalla is a professor of human nutrition, former dean of the Faculty of Agricultural and Food Sciences and former director of the coordinated program in nutrition and dietetics at the American University of Beirut.
- Eileen Stellefson Myers, MPH, RDN, LDN, CEDRD, FADA, FAND, Fernandina Beach, Fla.
Myers is a nutrition and health care consultant and former vice president of retail dietetics and nutrition solutions for Kroger Co.
- Christine A. Rosenbloom, PhD, RDN, LD, FAND, Hartwell, Ga.
Rosenbloom is a professor emerita of nutrition and former chair of the department of nutrition and associate dean for academic affairs at the College of Health and Human Sciences at Georgia State University.
- Geeta Sikand, MA, RDN, CDE, FNLA, CLS, FAND, Irvine, Calif. Sikand is an associate clinical professor of medicine at the University of California – Irvine and the director of nutrition and the cardiac lipid specialist at the university’s Preventive Cardiology Program.
More information is available on the Academy’s 2019 national honors and award winners.
Eligible journalists are welcome and encouraged to cover the Academy’s Food & Nutrition Conference & Expo™. For media credentials, visit www.eatrightFNCE.org/media. For more information, call 800/877-1600, ext. 4769 or 1743, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Representing more than 100,000 credentialed nutrition and dietetics practitioners, the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics is the world’s largest organization of food and nutrition professionals. The Academy is committed to improving the nation’s health and advancing the profession of dietetics through research, education and advocacy. Visit the Academy at www.eatright.org.
Original post https://alertarticles.info